Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Gundam will Kick Your Gundam's Ass

Well, unfortunately this summer has sucked for painting my Gundams. It rains every couple of days, jacking up the humidity so that the paint will dry poorly and look like ugly betty. The Primer that I ordered came yesterday (While I was at Connor's house) and now I just need to pick up some laquer thinner from a hardware store and wait for a good day to finish painting, hopefully tomorrow.

The stuff I wanted to use was called Mr. Surfacer and is made in Japan so it's pretty hard to find in the states and most places you'll find it online will make you pay for international shipping and will take weeks. Luckily I found this great site "Weber Plastic Models", and was able to pick it up for $5.39 and a $2 shipping charge. This stuff is supposed to be like the best stuff to use for plastic model kits. I'm excited to get to try it out.

Mr. Surfacer

I just set up a photostream for my gundam pics on flickr here: Gundam Pics. Hopefully I'll get some new pictures of a fully primed gundam up there soon.

1 comment:

Connor said...

Sounds good i guess. Not very familiar with all this modeling utilities. Good thing you got the good stuff. Hopefully Cops doesn't show up- HA!